Houthi rebels on Friday seized power in Yemen and dissolved the country’s parliament as they announced a series of constitutional decrees drafted by the powerful shiite militia, Al Arabiya News Channel reported.
It is also about time for Yemen’s Western backers, especially the U.S. and Britain, to recognize that Iran’s multifaceted support for the Houthis is far more than a conspiracy theory.Manuel Almeida
- Dissolution of parliament, to be replaced by 551- member transitional national assembly
- Establishment of five-member presidential council, to be elected by transitional national assembly
- To amend/re-word draft constitution before putting it to a national vote
- Setting a time frame of two years for transitional phase
- Forming “supreme revolutionary committee” to administer provincial affairs