Nearly 17 pounds of plastic bags were found in a young male pilot whale that died in Thailand Friday after a five-day struggle. The death has sparked reactions from social media users who called for end to overconsumption of plastics.
WHY ARE HUMANS SO NONCHALANT? A pilot whale died in southern Thailand after swallowing more than 80 pieces of plastic debris https://t.co/EnzTI9bk3U— Ann Kristin (@SmileForGillies) June 4, 2018
Stop plastic it’s killing us - a whale just died from swallowing plastic bags! It causes Cancer in humans. Wake up— Laura (@laurakryptonite) June 4, 2018