Palestinian-American teen sentenced to house arrest
Jerusalem court ordered Tariq Abu Khdeir to remain at home in the east Jerusalem neighborhood of Beit Hanina
Israeli police say a 15-year-old Palestinian-American who was severely injured during clashes with Israeli security forces last week has been sentenced to nine days of house arrest.
Police spokeswoman Luba Samri says a Jerusalem court on Sunday ordered Tariq Abu Khdeir to remain at home in the east Jerusalem neighborhood of Beit Hanina.
Abu Khdeir’s family says he was severely beaten by Israeli police during protests in Jerusalem last week over the killing of a Palestinian teen. The incident is under investigation.
His parents say their son, who goes to school in Florida, is the cousin of Mohammed Abu Khdeir, who was seized and killed in Jerusalem last week.
- Video shows Israeli police officers beating young Palestinian
- Autopsy shows Palestinian teen burned to death
- Clashes spread after Palestinian boy’s funeral
- Dramatic video shows Palestinian teen’s abduction
- Tense calm in Jerusalem for Palestinian teen’s funeral
- Israel boosts forces near Gaza as border heats up