Sources: Syria conference will move to New York on Dec. 18
A conference that was meant to take place in Vienna grouping Syria’s warring sides will instead take place in New York on Dec. 18
A conference that was meant to take place in Vienna grouping Syria’s warring sides will instead take place in New York on Dec. 18, sources told Al Arabiya’s sister channel al-Hadath on Wednesday.
Before the meeting in the U.S. city, moderate Syrian opposition leaders will be meeting the Saudi capital Riyadh on Dec. 7 in an attempt to unify their stance.
These conferences come after an international agreement to launch talks between the government and opposition on Jan. 1.
- UK set to vote on striking ISIS in Syria
- Repeated barrel-bombing of Syria hospital killed 7: MSF
- Israel admits forces operating in war-hit Syria
- U.S. says Turkey must do more to control its border with Syria
- Iraqi PM, militias reject any foreign ground troops
- U.N. experts: ISIS in Libya hampered by lack of fighters
- U.N. experts: Up to 3,000 ISIS fighters in Libya
- U.N. condemns strike behind Aleppo’s water cut
- Obama says Russia may finally come around on Assad’s future
- Deal reached over last Syria rebel exit from Homs city