Gunmen kidnap at least 26 Qatari citizens in Iraq
The Iraqi security forces launched a wide-scale search for the Qataris, who were in a hunting camp in the desert near the Saudi borders
Unknown gunmen driving in a large convoy of trucks kidnapped at least 26 Qatari citizens from their hunting camp in a sprawling desert area near the Saudi borders on the early hours of Wednesday, the regional governor and police officials said.
Two police officers in Samawa confirmed the kidnappings and said security forces launched a wide-scale search for the Qataris.
"An armed group driving dozens of pickup trucks kidnapped at least 26 Qatari hunters from their camp in the area of Busaya in Samawa desert near Saudi borders," Samawa governor Falih al-Zayady said.
- Iraq’s Ramadi falls to ISIS after army deserts city
- Italy to send 450 troops to protect Iraq’s Mosul dam
- Saudi reopens Baghdad embassy after 25 years
- France uses first cruise missiles against ISIS: government
- Iraqi state oil firm official shot dead in Kirkuk city
- Turkey withdraws some troops from camp in Iraq
- Doctors still working in Iraq face violence, tribal justice