The Abu Dhabi Court of First Instance has charged seven Asian men on the basis of murder and theft after they killed a woman whilst robbing her house.
The men have been reportedly accused of fatally beating and kicking the woman after they broke into her home during late hours. They stole cash and gold jewelry then fled the scene.
According to Khaleej Times, the incident was only reported to local police after the woman was found dead. The suspects were soon found and arrested.
During investigations, the men admitted to attacking the woman but “denied intentionally killing her.” The robbers claimed that they assaulted her when she attempted to resist the robbery.
The court will be contacting the deceased’s family to inquire whether they will “pardon the killers in return for bloody money.”
The trail has been postponed until April 18.
- Abu Dhabi court allows couple to marry without blessing of bride’s father
- Abu Dhabi court to hear appeal in rape and murder of 11-year-old boy
- Abu Dhabi courts jails man who paid $8 mln for No. 1 plate with dud cheque
- Man in Dubai jailed for stalking, blackmailing air hostess
- Man jailed in Dubai for attacking boss ‘with sticks’ over a salary deduction