Third French national dies of wounds from Tunisia attack
Japanese, Italian, Spanish and British visitors, as well as three Tunisians, were among the victims of the attack
A third French national has died from wounds sustained in this week's Islamist attack on a museum in the Tunisian capital, French President Francois Hollande said on Friday.
Hollande, briefing reporters after an EU summit in Brussels, said that brought the death toll to 21.
Tunisia said it would deploy the army to major cities and arrested nine people on Thursday after 20 foreign tourists were shot dead in an attack on a museum which the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militants called "the first drop of the rain".
Japanese, Italian, Spanish and British visitors, as well as three Tunisians, were among the victims of the attack, which took place in the heavily guarded parliament compound of a country largely spared the violent aftermath of the Arab Spring.
Officials did not confirm the militants' claim of responsibility, but said they had identified two gunmen shot dead by security forces after the shootings, which targeted tourist buses visiting the Bardo museum on Wednesday.
The two gunmen were trained at a jihadist camp in Libya, the Tunisian government said. Interior ministry official Rafik Chelli said the two men had been recruited at mosques in Tunisia and travelled to Libya in September.