Men flee with dismembered arm in India attack
The brutal attack mirrors a similar incident in the same district last week, when criminals left a youth crippled and blind
Attackers cut off the left hand of a man and then went off with his dismembered arm over a dispute on the victim’s love affair with a local girl, UAE-based daily Gulf News reported on Sunday.
The 25-year-old victim was returning to his village in the eastern Indian state of Bihar after attending a feast when armed attackers chopped off his hand and then left with his dismembered arm as the victim lay in agony. He has since been admitted to a government hospital, where his condition remains critical due to massive bleeding.
Local police have so far been unable to catch the criminals or find the limb.
Local villagers said that the attack was motivated by the victim’s love affair with a local girl, which he began after losing all three of his wives.
“We are still investigating the case,” a police official told Gulf News on Sunday.
The brutal attack mirrors a similar incident in the district last week, when criminals cut off all of a youth’s fingers and then poured acid in his eyes, blinding him permanently.
- Saudi student murder: What Muslims in the UK now fear
- Iran’s child bride ‘Maryam’ due to be executed
- Saudi student murder puzzles British police
- UK police: slain Saudi student may have been ‘targeted’ for being a Muslim
- Egypt hangs man for murder of Moroccan singer's daughter
- Saudi student’s death puzzles UK
- Football fan murders wife, children before watching match