The United States and allied military forces will upgrade their missile defense capabilities under a new $1.45 billion contract for production and delivery of Lockheed Martin Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) and PAC-3 Missile Segment Enhancement (PAC-3 MSE) interceptors, according to aerotechnews.com.
Saudi, UAE, Qatar among countries getting Patriot upgrade
The PAC-3 Missile is a high-velocity interceptor that defends against incoming threats, including tactical ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and aircraft.
Al Arabiya News English
- 4813 Views COVID-19 vaccine might be needed every year: UAE health spokesperson
- 3671 Views US Senate Republicans unite behind failed efforts to halt Trump impeachment trial
- 2137 Views Lebanese workers thrust into poverty, depression amid COVID-19 lockdown
- 1465 Views Coronavirus: Dubai changes travel protocols for inbound passengers from Jan. 31
- 547 Views Coronavirus: Morocco receives half million doses of Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine
- 380 Views After Biden freezes F-35 sale to UAE, Otaiba: We expected a review under new US admin
- 24605 Views Coronavirus: Dubai temporarily postpones Pfizer vaccine campaign amid global shortage
- 19972 Views Saudi Arabia’s PIF to invest 3 trillion riyals over next 10 years: Crown Prince
- 18325 Views Loud explosion heard in Saudi Arabia's capital Riyadh
- 10955 Views Saudi Arabia’s King Salman issues several new royal decrees
- 10255 Views Full moon to align directly above Kaaba in Mecca on Jan. 28
- 8778 Views Coronavirus: Dubai restaurants offer discounts for vaccinated diners