The King Salman Center for Relief and Humanitarian Aid launched an emergency relief campaign on Sunday in aid of Khan Sheikhun, Idlib – the city targeted in a deadly sarin attack last week. The announcement complies with the directives of King Salman who called for the support of the Syrians in their ordeal.
The spokesman of the center, Dr. Samer al-Jatili said “this campaign comes as an extension of the aid provided by Saudi Arabia to the Syrians. On Saturday night, trucks transporting food crossed the Turkish port of Bab al-Hawa heading to the southern region of Idlib to help fulfill the needs of the people in the devastated Khan Sheikhun.”
He said more than 5,200 families were benefiting from this campaign. Each food basket weighs around 75 kilograms and covers the need of a family of six for a month. He highlighted that this is “an extension of the popular campaign that was launched by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, for the relief of the Syrians.”