Iran on Tuesday attempted to launch a cruise missile from a submarine in the Strait of Hormuz but the test failed, a news report has revealed quoting two US officials.
According to the Fox News report, an Iranian Yono-class “midget” submarine conducted the missile launch but didn’t succeed. Incidents of this kind have been reported from the region earlier.
In April, it was reported that the US Navy’s guided-missile destroyer fired a warning flare after an Iranian Revolutionary Guard vessel came within 1,000 meters of the USS Mahan.
Fox News quoted a BBC report saying that the Iranian officials announced late last month that the country’s defense budget had increased by 145 percent under President Hassan Rowhani and that its military is moving forward with a massive restructuring effort aimed at making it a “forward moving force.”
Iran parades new arms, tells US not to meddle in GulfAt the port of Bandar Abbas on the Gulf, Iran’s navy showed off 500 vessels, as well as submarines and helicopters Middle East
Iran’s coal mine explosion kills at least 21 minersA large explosion struck a coal mine in northern Iran on Wednesday, killing at least 21 miners and trapping several others as rescue teams worked ... World News
Saudi Deputy Crown Prince: Iran is trying to control the Muslim worldSaudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman said in an interview broadcasted on Al Arabiya TV in parallel with Saudi TV that Iran is trying to ... Gulf
Iran commander says will continue military support for Syria regimeIran will maintain its support for the Syrian government despite the deaths of hundreds of its advisers and volunteers in the six-year civil war, a ... Gulf