Maldives on Monday severed all diplomatic ties with Qatar.
This follows Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain, Libya and Egypt also cutting ties with Qatar following a diplomatic rift in the Gulf region in recent weeks.
- Qatari bonds slide, with one hitting lowest level since 2013
- UAE carriers to suspend flights to and from Qatar
- Libya's eastern-based government cuts diplomatic ties with Qatar
- GCC rift could affect Qatar credit quality via trade, capital flows
- Reasons why Saudi, UAE, Bahrain, Yemen and Egypt severed ties with Qatar
- Yemeni government cuts diplomatic ties with Qatar
- Counting Qatar’s economic losses following snapping of diplomatic ties