Qatar’s leader will not accept an invitation from US President Donald Trump to attend mediation talks in Washington on a row in the region while the country remains cut off from its neighbors, a Qatari official said on Thursday.
“The emir has no plans to leave Qatar while the country is under a blockade,” the official told Reuters, declining to be named because of the sensitivity of the matter.
Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt cut diplomatic ties and transport links with Qatar on Monday.
Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump is continuing to talk to with all partners in the Middle East to de-escalate tensions amid an ongoing diplomatic crisis between Qatar and other Arab powers, a White House spokeswoman said on Thursday, but gave no other details.
(With Reuters, AFP)
- UAE: Qatar seeking protection from two non-Arab states is tragic
- Egypt calls for UN probe on Qatar giving terrorists $1 bln in Iraq
- Bahrain says it too will jail Qatar sympathizers
- Writer of anti-ISIS TV series ‘Gharabeeb Sood’ responds to Qatar’s media attack
- Bahrain foreign minister: Qatar must distance itself from Iran
- Qatar, when the bliss becomes a curse