Qatar’s Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani met with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Tuesday.
This is the first meeting since Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the UAE, and Egypt decided to cut diplomatic ties with Qatar earlier this month, accusing it of support for extremist groups - a claim Doha denies.
In a report by American news outlet, CNBC, Qatar’s foreign ministry said in a statement that Tillerson was working toward finding a solution to solve the issue at hand.
The statement added that Qatar’s foreign minister “insisted that others must be genuinely willing to negotiate and to present evidence to support their allegations and demands.”
The ultimatum demands that Qatar comply with 13 points in return for an end to a three-week-old diplomatic and trade boycott of the country.
Some of these points include Qatar cutting its relations with Iran and the Muslim Brotherhood.
“We do not support terrorism, we do not interfere in the internal affairs of our neighbors, and we are not secret allies of Iran,” Al Thani said according to the foreign ministry’s statement.