Saudi Arabia reiterated its rejection of Qatar's support for terrorism and extremism, saying Qatar's boycott came to send a message to Doha that patience has eventually run out, reported al Arabiya.
Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubair stated in a new tweet via the official account of the Saudi Ministry of foreign affairs saying that its demands of Qatar are nonnegotiable and that Saudi Arabia rejects Qatar's support for terrorism and extremism which jeopardizes the security of the kingdom and the region.
Al-Jubair pointed out that Qatar did not abide by its commitments and did not fulfill its promises to stop supporting and funding of terrorism as well as interfering in the internal affairs of neighboring States.
He said in a statement from the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington three days ago that any country in the world cannot accept the principle of funding extremist organizations and groups.
It is impossible to accept the payment of ransom money to terrorist groups such as Al-Qaeda and ISIS, he added.
Qatar paid $300 million to Shiite militias in Iraq, where most of the money is likely to be in the hands of the Iranian Quds Force, "I think most of the world will agree that this should stop,” al-Jubair said.
The countries boycotting Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain and Egypt, gave the gulf state a deadline till June 3 to respond to the previously announced demands, which include primarily stopping funds for terrorism and extremist organizations, and stopping interference in the affairs of states.
This article is also available in Arabic.