Nine Saudis suffered minor and moderate injuries while two Emiratis were killed in an accident between two cars in Oman.
Omani Police Captain Mohammed bin Salam al-Hishami said the accident happened on a one-way street between two vehicles, one carrying an Emirati plate and another carrying a Saudi plate, according to local media outlets.
One of the cars was driving the wrong way up the one-way street and crashed into the other vehicle setting both cars on fire, Hishami said.
According to Hishami, the Emirati car had six people from one family on board. Two died as a result of the collision and the fire while the four others suffered moderate to serious injuries.
Social media users circulated videos that show the two vehicles as they burnt.
- Video: Tragic accident as 16-year old falls from roof of building in India
- Saudi girl rescues 55 students from deadly bus accident
- Saudi girl paints horrific image of her mother’s car accident
- VIDEO: Drifter in Saudi knocks over light pole, slams into a parked car
- Saudi traffic policeman dies in tragic car accident