The Saudi Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Political and Economic Affairs, Adel Siraj Mirdad, noted the crucial role the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces plays.
The coalition has embodied political legitimacy and has taken upon itself to provide services through the interim government in Syria, he added.
During a meeting between the coalition and senior officials at the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Riyadh, Mirdad noted the coalition’s important role as an integral part within the Supreme Commission for Negotiations.
This lies in its support for the commission’s tasks to manage the negotiation process in accordance with the Declaration of Geneva and relevant Security Council resolutions.
Similarly, Riad Saif, head of the Coalition, emphasized the role of the interim government and local councils in consolidating stability in liberated areas and restoring public institutions to provide services.
- US shoots down Syrian regime plane that bombed coalition fighters
- US shoots down pro-Syrian regime drone firing on coalition forces: official
- Coalition forces drop warning leaflets addressing Syrian regime forces
- Coalition strike destroys ISIS weapons near Palmyra
- Russia angry after US strike on Syrian soldiers