The Yemeni Foreign Minister, Abdalmalek Al-Makhlafi, said that UN envoy Ismaeel Ould Al-Shaikh Ahmed had not presented any new developments in his meeting with President Abdellabu Mansour Hadi.
He added in his comments to Al Arabiya that the UN envoy did not report any willingness from The Houthis to respond to any initiative.
He accused, also, the Houthi militias of exploiting the suffering of Yemenis to divert attention from their abuses.
Previously, UN envoy to Yemen Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed hinted at the possibility of holding talks between Yemen’s warring parties in Oman without giving a specific date.
Cheikh Ahmed said that ideas on the introduction of humanitarian aid through the port of Hudaydah are currently being discussed. (MORE HERE).
- UN: Up to 50 migrants ‘deliberately drowned’ off Yemen
- Houthi minister confesses conspiring to assassinated Yemen’s president in 2014
- Coalition in Yemen denies targeting a house in the Mahdah area of Saada
- Arab coalition destroys arms warehouse in Yemen
- PHOTOS: Prime Minister of Yemen visits Mokha after its liberation
- UN envoy hints Oman could hold Yemen peace talks