The Yemeni government has again accused Iran of using the Houthi militia as"puppets" to destabilize the region.
The government also complained about numerous Iranian interferences in the country.
In a statement on Saturday, the Yemeni government said that Iran’s alliance with the militia aims to destabilize the region.
The government continued saying that Tehran is providing the militia with weapons and it has intentionally supported them both militarily and materialistically, providing advanced missiles and technology systems.
According to the government, this has prolonged the war.
Other supportive means from Iran include naval mines and booby-trapped boats which threaten Red Sea’s stability, security and freedom of navigation.
Tehran has also connected the militia with experts from the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, the government added.
- US military official: Iran continues to arm Houthi militias
- Houthi militia leaders, Iran come to Qatar’s defense after severance of ties
- US intel says Iran supplying ‘explosive boats’ to Houthi militias
- Captured Houthi militias reveal they were trained by Iran
- US warns Iran over Houthi support, says militias threatening Red Sea