Yemen’s foreign minister Abdulmalik Al-Mekhlafi reiterated accusations that Iran is threatening stability and spreading chaos in the entire region.
During his meeting with US Assistant Secretary of State David Satterfield in Riyadh, Mekhlafi said Tehran seeks to replace the state with sects and armies with militias in order for its project to sow chaos lives on.
- Yemen: Iran uses Houthi militias ‘like puppets’ to destabilize region
- Ben Dagher: We will not allow Iran to have a foothold in Yemen
- US official: Riyadh and Abu Dhabi confront Iran’s expansion in Yemen
- US: Iran provides cruise missiles to Yemen’s Houthis, in threat to Bab el-Mandeb
- Houthis sold Yemen to Iran ‘cheaply,’ says Saleh party official