The United States on Monday praised Saudi Arabia for “exposing” Iran’s role in Yemen and Tehran’s provision of missile systems to Houthi militia fighting there, following the interception of a missile fired towards the Saudi capital Riyadh on Saturday.
“We continue to maintain strong defense ties with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and work together on common security priorities to include combat operations against violent extremist organizations, and neutralizing Iran’s destabilizing influence in the Middle East region,” said Pentagon spokesman Marine Major Adrian Rankine-Galloway.
- WATCH: Saudi forces intercept Houthi ballistic missile north of Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia: UN’s support of Houthi militias is unacceptable
- Ballistic missile falls in Saada after Houthis fail to target Saudi Arabia
- Saudi forces kill 20 Houthis in special operation off Najran
- WATCH: Coalition strikes Houthi militias near Saudi border