Al-Arabiya has learnt from informed sources that the former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh is holding consultations to form a military council headed by Colonel Tariq Mohammed Abdullah Saleh, the son of his brother, and that it would be announced very soon.
The Conference party which is led by Saleh issued a statement in which it referred to the Houthi militia attacks in Sana’a areas and called to confront the Houthis.
Saleh also condemned the attacks on the party leaders’ houses by the Houthis during the past days, despite the intervention of tribesmen to stop it.
He held the Houthis as fully responsible for igniting the war through what he called reckless elements.
He also called on the Yemeni people and tribesmen to defend themselves against what he called a conspiracy waged by the enemies against the Republic and carried out by members of the Ansar Allah movement.
- Forces allied to Yemen’s Saleh control major areas in Sanaa
- Yemen’s Saleh says ‘citizens have revolted against Houthi aggression’
- WATCH: Clashes between Houthi militia and Saleh loyalists in Yemen’s Sanaa
- Saudi Royal Air Force delivers food aid to Yemen through Al-Ghayza airport
- UN: Yemen rebel missiles fired at Saudi Arabia appear Iranian
- With eye on political solution, Boris Johnson to host meeting on Yemen conflict