The Iranian embassy in the Yemeni capital Sanaa was attacked with a rocket shell which caused it to burn after clashes erupted between Houthi militia and former Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh supporters from the Yemeni General People’s Congress party.
It is still unknown which of the clashing sides struck the embassy and whether the attack was intended or an accident.
It is also unknown whether there were Iranian diplomats onsite during the attack.
- Yemen’s President Hadi: We support every party facing Iran-backed Houthis
- UAE: Qatar tried to mediate in Yemen to save Houthis
- Yemen’s Saleh says ‘citizens have revolted against Houthi aggression’
- WATCH: Clashes between Houthi militia and Saleh loyalists in Yemen’s Sanaa
- Yemen minister: Houthis turned courts into military headquarters