UAE president Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan issued a decision to form a joint cooperation and coordination committee between the UAE and Saudi Arabia, the Emirates News Agency (WAM) reported.
The committee will cooperate and coordinate between the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the military, political, economic, commercial and cultural fields, according to what suits the two countries’ interests. It will enjoy all the required jurisdictions to implement its work.
The committee will be headed by Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan while the deputy chief will be Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Minister of Presidential Affairs.
According to the decision’s second article, the committee’s chief assigns the members who will represent the federal and local governmental sectors.
The decision will go into effect from the date of issuance and will be published in the official gazette.
- UAE, Saudi Arabia rise while Qatar drops in prosperous nations index
- Will Google face legal action in Saudi Arabia and the UAE after breach admission?
- UAE and Egypt discuss Lebanon crisis, aggression against Saudi Arabia
- UAE minister: Iranian missiles fired at Saudi a ‘dangerous escalation’
- Saudi Arabia Kuwait, UAE and Bahrain urge their nationals to leave Lebanon