Al-Arabiya learned that former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh was buried in his birthplace, the village of Al-Ahmar near Sahnan, without a customary funeral.
According to news reports, a military official in the Iranian Houthi militia, who oversaw the attack on Saleh’s house, supervised the burial too. (IN PICTURES: Are these the men who killed Ali Abdullah Saleh?).
The sources said that the Houthi militias buried Saleh in the presence of his son Madin, his nephew Mohammed Saleh, House of Representatives Speaker Yahya al-Ra'i, and Houthi leader Abu Hakim.
The sources confirmed that those attending the funeral were limited in number - around 20 people.
- PICTURED: Ali Abdullah Saleh’s death note, handwritten ‘a day before his murder’
- Houthis refuse to hand over Saleh’s body to Red Cross
- What did the autopsy of Yemeni official killed with Saleh reveal?
- Saddam’s daughter pays tribute to Yemen’s Saleh, calls him ‘hero, martyr’
- WATCH: Video shows one of ‘Saleh’s last appearances’ outside his Sanaa house
- Blood of Saleh and the curse of the Houthis
- Understanding how and why Yemen’s Ali Abdullah Saleh was killed