Chief of general staff of Kuwait Armed Forces Lt Gen Mohammad Khaled Al-Kheder is safe following a helicopter crash in Bangladesh, an official statement said on Wednesday.
Kheder was part of a high-level army delegation paying a courtesy call to the Bangladesh Army Chief of Staff, General Abu Belal Muhammad on Tuesday.
Only one person on board had minor injuries.
The KUNA news agency said the helicopter came down Wednesday in trees because of thick fog in northeastern Bangladesh.
- Kuwait confirms chief of staff safe after helicopter crash in Bangladesh
- An inside look at the native Christian community of Kuwait
- Saudi Arabia beat Kuwait 2-1 in Gulf Cup of Nations
- Kuwait orders investigation into Airbus helicopter deal
- Kuwait ruler appoints new cabinet with new oil, finance and defense ministers