The Yemeni national army has gained full control over a number of strategic sites surrounding Baqim directorate north of Saada on Friday.
Houthi militia suffered great losses in the fight including several men and equipment.
Commander of the Fifth Brigade, Brigader Saleh Qaroush, said that this progress represents the starting point to defeating Houthi militias from the center of Baqim and eventually liberating it entirely.
Qaroush also pointed out that the center of Baqim is the army’s next target, especially after liberating a ‘Baqim triangle.’ The triangular-area liberation paved way for the Yemeni army to strike al-Subhan area and the mountains of Abwab al-Hadeed.
- Yemen’s army takes control of strategic hills between Taiz, Hudaydah
- Pro-Hadi forces control key posts in Yemen’s Sirwah
- Arab Coalition in Yemen: Saada raid targeted Houthi checkpoint, not civilians
- As Yemen falls apart, Marib rises and becomes ‘untouchable’
- Arab coalition in Yemen foils Houthi attempt to smuggle missiles, weapons