The Kuwaiti government has officially requested from the Lebanese government to hand over the Syrian-Lebanese couple responsible for the murder of a Filipina maid.
The victim, Joanna Daniela Demafelis, was found in a freezer in Kuwait earlier this year.
The Philippines Ambassador to Kuwait, Renato Pedro Villa, said that the government of Kuwait has been preparing murder charges against the couple, reported CNN.
According to Villa, officials in Kuwait may deem to have both culprits deported from the country, however certain laws may avert this order. Embassies in Beirut and Damascus may be approached to make this matter feasible, he added.
According to Kuwait laws, if faced with a murder charge a death penalty may be expected. If ruled so, the execution would be done by hanging.
- Both suspects in murder of Filipina maid found in Kuwait freezer arrested
- Body of Filipina maid found in freezer flown home from Kuwait
- Syrian, Lebanese couple investigated over Filipina found in Kuwait freezer
- Family seeks justice for Filipino worker found in freezer in Kuwait
- Kuwait responds to President Duterte after Filipino girl’s body found in freezer