UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs Gargash: Solution to Qatar’s crisis is Riyadh
The UAE’s Minister for Foreign Affairs, Anwar al-Gargash, said on Saturday that it has become very clear that the matter on Qatar solving its crisis is a Gulf one.
Their gateway to the solution is Riyadh, he added.
Making his statements on twitter, Gargash continued saying: “It is very expensive to uphold Qatar’s existing policy. If they steer clear from desperate actions and stop beating around the bush, their remaining options are clear.”
“Stop inflicting harm or accept isolation,” added the minister.
Mohammed bin Salman efforts
On other regional matters, Gargash said: “From London, it is clear that the biggest and most important regional event is the visit of the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to Britain.
The minister described the visit as an important tour “bearing Saudi political weight and an ambitious program that will change the region positively.”
In a separate tweet, Gargash continued to comment on the crown prince’s efforts saying: “Western decision-making circles realize that Saudi Arabia, the important regional pole, is strengthening its position by renewing and modernizing ambition.”
Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s visit to this site is the most important news of our region with all its positive outcomes,” he added.
- UAE minister Anwar Gargash tweets Velayati’s remarks on Qatar-Iran ties
- Anwar Gargash tweets: ‘Houthis control the capital but lack political cover’
- UAE Minister Gargash: Clear evidence of Iranian intervention in Yemen
- Gargash: Arab coalition’s action on Aden crisis has prevented strife
- Gargash: Qatar flight interception shows signs of worry, confusion