Dozens of children trapped in the Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen are on the verge of death due to famine.
Heartbreaking pictures emerged of the suffering children looking frail and weak on various social media platforms. Despite the criticalness of the situation, the Houthis continue to jeopardize humanitarian aid attempts.
Graphic pictures of the severity of the situation can be seen here.
Thousands of families are unable to provide basics such as bread and milk for their children.
According to humanitarian activists, malnutrition has spread like wildfire among children in seized areas, especially in the Haffash directorate in al-Mehweet governorate north of Yemen.
Dozens of children will die if immediate action is not taken, they added. Other diseases have also begun to emerge among the population.
The Houthi militia have been tampering with available humanitarian aid, selling it on the black market and distributing the products among themselves, said the activists.
The activists continued to call on international humanitarian organizations to save the children.
- Children carry the weight of war in Yemen
- Cholera epidemic claiming unborn children in Yemen
- Gulf states, Muslim bloc reject UN report on violation of children’s rights in Yemen
- UN report on Yemen recognizes Houthi violations of children rights
- Houthi militias forcibly recruiting children in Yemen’s Al Mahwit