The UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Anwar al-Gargash said on Saturday via Twitter that Turkey must respect the sovereignty of Arab states.
The minister said that “there is no denying that Arab-Turkish relations aren’t at their best.” But, for “Ankara to return to its former stability, it must take into consideration and respect the sovereignty of Arab states,” he added.
He also said that Ankara must deal with its neighbors “wisely and rationally.”
Supporting movements that seek to change regimes by violence does not constitute a rational approach, said Gargash.
“The Arab world will not be run by its neighbors and its current situation is not permanent. As such, neighboring countries must distinguish between dealing with Arabs with facts and myths,” concluded the minister.
- UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs Gargash: Solution to Qatar’s crisis is Riyadh
- UAE Minister Gargash: Clear evidence of Iranian intervention in Yemen
- UAE minister Anwar Gargash tweets Velayati’s remarks on Qatar-Iran ties
- UAE minister Gargash says Doha’s deeds ‘have returned to haunt it’
- UAE minister Gargash says Qatar must end neighbors’ fear of instability