Kuwait has recently pledged to tackle increasingly reported cases of violence against housemaids in the country.
The matter has been prioritized especially after the death of a Filipina worker, which sparked conflict between Kuwait and the Philippines. The worker in question was found dead in a freezer earlier this year.
The most recent case taken on board was a complaint by an Indian expat, 22, who claimed that his elder mother, working for a local, was being tortured and held captive.
Meanwhile, a woman, who claims to be the defendant’s sister, denied having anything to do with the alleged crimes against the woman.
Security forces received the elderly woman, who was rushed to Adan Hospital. According to Kuwaiti Al-Anba newspaper, doctors confirmed that the woman’s condition was stable.
It was learned that the elderly woman was not sponsored by the defendant. In the meantime, the expatriate is being guarded.
- Both suspects in murder of Filipina maid found in Kuwait freezer arrested
- Body of Filipina maid found in freezer flown home from Kuwait
- Syrian, Lebanese couple investigated over Filipina found in Kuwait freezer
- Family seeks justice for Filipino worker found in freezer in Kuwait
- Kuwait responds to President Duterte after Filipino girl’s body found in freezer