UAE expat community show support to family after husband dies on Emirates flight
The UAE’s expat community has come together in a time of need after a young British family residing in the country lost a husband and father onboard an Emirates Dubai-bound flight.
The late man, a New Zealand resident, died on a flight from Christchurch to Dubai on March 18, reported The National. Accompanying him was his wife and children.
The family currently awaits autopsy results at a hotel in the emirate.
Upon hearing the news, social media platforms buzzed calling for support to the young family. According to the wife, who chose to remain unnamed, the family is getting “all the support we need.”
In a statement by an Emirates spokesperson: “Emirates can confirm that a passenger on flight EK413 Christchurch to Dubai on 18 March was taken ill on board.”
“On arrival in Dubai the flight was met by medical services who confirmed the passenger had sadly passed away. Emirates offers sincere condolences to the family and is providing them with support and assistance,” the spokesperson added.
- Emirates crew member dies after fall from plane in Uganda
- Emirates stewardess falls out of parked Boeing 777 in Uganda
- All-women crew Emirates flight takes off ahead of Women’s Day
- Emirates flight stairway collapses at Islamabad airport, 5 injured
- Emirates firms up $16 billion order for A380 superjumbos