A Qatari intelligence officer has been arrested in Yemen over charges of collaborating with the Houthi militia, said sources from the Yemeni government to Al Arabiya news channel.
The sources said that Yemeni forces arrested the accused, Muhsin al-Karbi, after he attempted to escape Yemen through a cargo p0rt in al-Mahra directorate. The port links Yemen to the Sultanate of Oman.
Qatari authorities have confirmed al-Karbi’s arrest after making a statement through the so-called Qatari National Human Rights Committee.
The committee had claimed that the concerned Qatari citizen was visiting his family in Yemen.
- Houthi militia leaders, Iran come to Qatar’s defense after severance of ties
- Mohammed bin Salman: Qatar crisis, role of Shiites, Yemen war and Saudi reforms
- UAE: Qatar tried to mediate in Yemen to save Houthis
- Yemen arrests two suspects on terror list backed by Qatar
- Qatar admits that it is against the Arab coalition in Yemen