The dean of the College of Health and Sciences at University of Aden was killed on Tuesday after a gunman broke into her home in Enmaa, Yemen.
Dr. Najat Ali Moqbel was not the only victim, the armed man also killed her son Sameh Shoukry, an architect, and his daughter.
According to security sources, the suspect has been arrested. Preliminary investigations show that the man in question was the family’s taxi driver.
As per eyewitness accounts, the attacker escaped the crime scene immediately to his house which happened to be in the area. However, security were able to locate him and arrest him since police were patrolling nearby, they added.
Investigations also showed that the suspect had performed the crime under the influence of narcotics.
News of the incident stirred shock across the community in Yemen. The late architect and his mother were known for their kindness across the city.
- Thousands protest in Bosnia over killings of 2 young men
- Israeli forces kill two Palestinians near border as Gaza buries dead
- Palestinian baby among 61 killed in Gaza border protests
- Study: Gender bias kills 240,000 infant girls in India yearly
- Number of Palestinians killed in Gaza border clashes rises to 55