Saudi air defense forces intercept Houthi ballistic missile over Khamis Mushait
Saudi air defense forces intercepted a Houthi ballistic missile targeting the city of Khamis Mushait south of the kingdom.
Two missiles were fired by Houthi militias from inside Yemeni territories towards the southern borders of Saudi Arabia, where one missile was intercepted while the other landed at an unpopulated desert area in Khamis Mushait.
Coalition Spokesperson Col. Turki al-Maliki said that one missile was intercepted at 18:14 pm local time while the other failed to target any populated areas of the city after landing at a desert area.
This comes days after coalition forces spotted the Iranian-backed Houthi militia launching a ballistic missile in Yemen’s Saada towards Saudi Arabia on May 15.
Earlier this month, Saudi air defense intercepted two ballistic missiles fired by the Houthis towards Najran, and another towards Jazan.
An Al Arabiya correspondent reported that the Saudi air defense forces destroyed the two missiles launched by the militias from Saada as soon as they entered the kingdom’s airspace.
This comes after a series of successive defeats received by the militias, especially after the liberation of several strategic sites in Saada.
- Saudi forces intercept Houthi ballistic missile targeting Jazan
- Saudi air force intercepts ballistic missile launched from Yemen
- Saudi air defense destroys Houthi ballistic missile fired toward Najran
- WATCH: Moment Saudi forces intercept Houthi ballistic missiles over Jazan
- Saudi forces intercept four Houthi ballistic missiles targeting Jazan