Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman received a telephone call from US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo on Friday.
During the conversation, a number of regional and international issues of common interest were discussed, reported the Saudi Press Agency.
Meanwhile, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Tuesday the changes Washington has demanded that Iran make are not difficult to implement and he is confident a common diplomatic approach can be developed with European countries.
“I’m confident that there is a set of overlapping values and interests here that will drive us to the same conclusion about the need to respond to the Islamic Republic of Iran's threats to the world,” Pompeo told reporters at the State Department.
In his recent visit to the kingdom in April, Pompeo stressed that the Saudi Arabia's security is a priority for the US.
He added also that Iran was the largest state sponsor of terrorism. He stressed that Washington is ready to stand with Saudi Arabia to confront terrorism.
“We are inspired by what Saudi Arabia has achieved through Vision 2030,” he added.
- With Reuters.
- Pompeo says Pyongyang relations would return to ‘situation normal’
- Pompeo: US goal with allies to stop Iran’s threats
- Pompeo says confident US can develop common approach with Europeans on Iran
- Understanding the US policy on Iran in light of Pompeo speech
- Rouhani on Pompeo: We do not accept that a spy chief decides for others