The Yemeni national army backed by the Arab coalition is advancing rapidly and very close to enter Baqim district in Saada governorate.
Brigadier General Yasser al-Harthy, commander of the “102nd special brigade” in the Yemeni army, told Al Arabiya news channel’s correspondent that “the army is surrounding Baqem District from all angles” and that little is left to end the military operation which was launched last week to retake the area.
He added that there’s only few meters left for the army to enter Baqim.
Al-Harthy also said that a state of defeat looms over the Houthi militias’ militants who are pushing child soldiers entrapped in the conflict, into the battlefields.
In another development, the Yemeni national army backed by the Arab coalition regained a number of strategic positions on Friday, west of Baqim district in north Saada governorate after fierce battles with the Houthi militias.
A military source said that the Yemeni army and the coalition foiled infiltration attempts by the Houthis to enter military positions west of Baqim.
The source added that the Houthi militias suffered heavy casualties while a number of their military vehicles were destroyed.