The Turkish president's office said on Thursday, that a joint Saudi-Turkish team will be formed to investigate the case of missing Saudi citizen and journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Ibrahim Kalin, Turkish Presidential spokesman, was quoted as saying on Thursday by Anadolu agency that Ankara accepted a Saudi proposal to form a joint working group to investigate the case.
Prior to last Friday, media outlets affiliated with the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood and Qatar carried a news report that claimed that Saudi Arabia had detained Khashoggi inside its consulate in Istanbul.
The Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman Al Saud refuted the claims later in an interview during which he said Turkey can search the kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul for the Saudi journalist, saying: “We have nothing to hide”.
The Turkish ministry of foreign affairs had also stated that Saudi Arabia has provided all assistance and cooperation in the case of the missing journalist who has disappeared in Istanbul last week. Read more