‘Committed to ceasefire in Yemen,’ says leader of Southern Transitional Council
Yemen’s Southern Transitional Council (STC) said that it is committed to a ceasefire in the port city of Aden and is willing to work with the Arab coalition, the Councleader said on Sunday.
The STC leader Aidaroos al-Zubaidi said in televised comments to Aden-based TV channel AIC that they are also willing to attend a meeting called by Saudi Arabia.
In Sunday’s statement, the STC also said that it is ready to work with the Arab coalition in Yemen.
The STC had taken over the Yemeni government’s military camps in Aden on Saturday. After the coalition warning early Sunday, the STC had agreed to the ceasefire. Residents said there had been no clashes between the STC and government forces since the previous night, according to a Reuters report.
ALSO READ: Saudi King Salman discusses security, stability with Yemeni president
40 killed, 260 wounded in clashes in Yemen's Aden: UNFighting between pro-government forces and separatists in Yemen’s second city Aden has killed around 40 people and injured 260 others including ... Gulf
UN Secretary-General expresses concern over clashes in Yemen’s AdenUN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Saturday expressed concern over the violent clashes in Yemen’s Aden and urged the parties to cease ... Gulf
Yemen’s Southern Transitional Council agrees for ceasefire in AdenThe Southern Transitional Council forces began their withdrawal from positions under their control in Yemen’s Aden, the Arab Coalition said on ... Gulf
Saudi envoy to Yemen blames Iran for attacks in AdenSaudi Arabia’s envoy to Yemen accused Iran of being behind an attack on a military parade in Aden on Thursday that the Houthi militia has ... Gulf