The commander of joint operations at the Yemeni Ministry of Defense, Major General Sagheer Bin Aziz, called on the National Army to advance towards the capital, Sanaa, to recover it from the Houthi militia.
This came during his briefing on the grounds of the front lines of combat operations, east of Sanaa, according to a statement released by Yemeni Armed Forces media center, at dawn on Wednesday.
In a voice message he sent to the army, Bin Aziz stressed that this is a decisive battle, adding: “Our promise is Sanaa.”
The call for the commander of joint operations comes at a time when the Yemeni army, with the support of the Arab Coalition, is fighting battles against the militias and achieving landslide victories along the Nehm front, amid major Houthi reverses and losses.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Yemeni army destroyed an Iran-backed Houthi battalion and killed several Houthi leaders, according to Yemeni military sources.
The Yemeni Armed Forces announced that it achieved “great” victories in the district of Nehm, some 60 kilometers (37 miles) northeast of the capital Sanaa, noting that dozens of Houthis were killed and wounded.
Saudi Arabia condemns Houthi attack on mosque in YemenThe Saudi Foreign Ministry has condemned on Monday the Houthi attack on a mosque in Yemen’s Marib, which killed 79 and injured 81. “The ... Gulf
United Nations condemns attack on Yemen camp, says it threatens peaceThe United Nations said on Sunday that a missile attack on a government military camp in central Yemen which killed dozens of people could derail a ... Gulf
Yemen says Houthi attack is revenge for Soleimani, calls on UN to condemnYemeni Minister of Information Moammar al-Eryani says the Houthi missile and drone attack on a military camp in Marib is an act of revenge for ... Gulf
Houthi missile and drone attack kills at least 79 in YemenYemen's president told the military it needs to be on high alert and ready for battle after Iran-backed Houthi militia killed at least 79 soldiers and ... Gulf