The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention announced on Friday that two new coronavirus patients admitted into one of the country’s hospitals had recovered, bringing the number of recovered cases to three out of a total of eight recorded cases.
Last week, the ministry announced that Liu Yujia, a 73-year-old woman from China, was the first patient who had recovered fully from the virus.
The two new patients who had recovered were also Chinese citizens, a 41-year old man, and his son, who was eight years of age, read a statement carried by the Emirates News Agency (WAM) citing the ministry.
The recovery by the two patients was announced in the presence of the Consul-General of China to the UAE, Li Xuhang, and Dr. Fatima al-Attar, Head of International Health Regulations at the Ministry.
Al-Attar said that the individuals diagnosed with coronavirus are receiving proper healthcare under leading World Health Organization standards, with each case being individually monitored until full recovery is achieved.
It is reported that the other five cases are still being continuously monitored and one of them is under intensive care.
UAE is prepared with supplies for coronavirus: MinisterThe United Arab Emirates has stockpiled enough emergency medical supplies in preparation for the coronavirus, also known as corona, according to a ... Gulf
New coronavirus case diagnosed in the UAEA new case of the coronavirus was diagnosed in an Indian national in the UAE on Monday, UAE health authorities revealed. With the new case registered, ... Gulf
UAE says to avoid nose-to-nose greetings, eskimo kiss to stop coronavirus spreadUAE residents should not greet each other physically, including the traditional nose-to-nose greeting or eskimo kiss, to avoid the risk from viruses ... Variety
UAE says joking about coronavirus infection has ‘legal consequences’Anyone who jokes about being infected with coronavirus or spreads rumors and videos based on untrue information in the UAE will face legal ... Gulf