Bahrain confirms 9 further coronavirus cases, including 4 Saudi Arabian women
Bahrain has confirmed nine new cases of the coronavirus on Tuesday, saying it was carried by Bahraini and Saudi Arabian citizens arriving at Bahrain International Airport via Dubai and Sharjah, bringing the total of registered cases on the island kingdom to a total of 17 cases so far.
The Kingdom’s Ministry of Health said the nine new registered cases were detected among four female Bahraini nationals arriving from Iran, via Sharjah, and three male Bahraini nationals arriving from Iran (two arriving via Sharjah and one arriving via Dubai), and two female Saudi nationals arriving from Iran, via Sharjah.
Earlier in the day, six new coronavirus cases were confirmed in Bahrain. Two Bahraini nationals, one male and one female, and four Saudi Arabian female nationals who came from Iran tested positive for the virus upon their arrival in Bahrain International Airport. They were immediately taken to a health center where they are quarantined and will be treated, according to Bahrain News Agency.
“The ministry indicated that the infected individuals had arrived in Bahrain after a visit to Iran,” Bahrain News Agency reported.
Those accompanying the infected travelers were also quarantined as a precautionary measure after they tested negative for the virus.
Saudi Arabia’s Health Ministry said it is coordinating with the Bahrain health ministry to treat the four infected Saudi nationals. The four women will remain in Bahrain until they are cured.
The ministry is taking all appropriate and preventative measures to test all passengers arriving from infected countries, the news agency reported. The news agency also said the ministry urged all citizens and residents who are experiencing symptoms of the virus to isolate themselves, avoid close contact with others and follow instructions given to them by the medical team.