Saudi Arabia confirms first coronavirus death, 767 infections so far: Health ministry
Saudi Arabia confirms its first death as a result of the coronavirus outbreak after a patient died on Monday, the health ministry announced on Tuesday during a press conference, adding that the total number of infections in the Kingdom reached 767 cases so far.
The foreign patient’s health deteriorated quickly after reporting to a hospital emergency room in Medina and died on Monday night, health ministry spokesperson Mohammed Abdelali confirmed on Tuesday.
Saudi Arabia's health ministry said 205 new coronavirus cases were detected on Tuesday, bringing the total number of cases to 767 so far.
The Kingdom's streets have emptied as the curfew implemented by authorities due to the coronavirus pandemic comes into force, videos from across the Kingdom showed on Tuesday.
Saudi Arabia's biggest cities empty after coronavirus curfew:
In recent days, streets across Saudi Arabia’s were emptied as the Kingdom’s measures to combat the deadly coronavirus outbreak through limiting social contact came into effect officially on Monday night.
Other measures taken by Saudi Arabia to combat the spread of the coronavirus included the halting of all international flights, suspending the Umrah year-round pilgrimage, and the closure of mosques, schools, malls and restaurants.
A spokesperson from the interior ministry also urged citizens and residents to abide by the rules of the nighttime curfew, reminding all of the penalties, including a 10,000 riyal fine, for those who commit violations.
Watch: Saudi Arabia’s biggest cities empty after coronavirus curfew
Bahrain confirms third coronavirus death after elderly man returned from Iran
Iran covered up coronavirus to boost election turnout
Coronavirus: Oman suspends all domestic, international flightsOman announced on Tuesday it was suspending all internal and international flights as of March 29, except cargo operations and flights to Musandam, ... Gulf
Coronavirus: Egypt to extend flight suspension for two weeksEgypt will extend a suspension of flights for two weeks from April 1, the minister for state information said on Tuesday.Flights at Egyptian airports ... Middle East