The United Arab Emirates reported 63 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 468, the Ministry of Health announced on Saturday.
For more coronavirus news, visit our dedicated page.
All the new cases are in stable conditions, and are ungoing medical treatment, according to the ministry.
Two virus-related deaths have been reported in the country so far. A total of 55 people have recovered from the coronavirus in the UAE, the ministry added.
A nationwide disinfection program, which was supposed to end on the morning of March 29, has been extended until April 5, the ministry spokeswoman Farida al-Hussani said.
A curfew, from the hours of 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., has also been extended for an additional week, the ministry announced.
Several areas and facilities across the country have been disinfected using the latest technology available, al-Husaani said.
Hundreds of workers, supervisors, and administrators from various government agencies took part in the program, al-Hussani added.
Several fines were imposed in the UAE as of March 26, including a $270 fine on anyone who does not adhere to social distancing practices.
Other possible reasons for the issuance of fines include not wearing a mask in a closed space, leaving the house for reasons other than for work or for necessity, and going to the mall.