Six people in Kuwait have recovered from the deadly coronavirus, bringing the total number of recoveries in the country to 99, the Minister of Health Basel al-Sabah announced on Sunday.
For more coronavirus news, visit our dedicated page.
Kuwait on Saturday reported its first virus-related fatality in a 46-year-old Indian national who had been receiving treatment in the intensive care unit in one of the country’s facilities.
There has been a total of 479 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Kuwait.
As part of precautionary measures, Kuwait imposed an 11-hour curfew from 5 p.m. to 4 a.m., and announced the issuance of a 10,000 Kuwaiti dinars ($32,000) fine and a possible three-year jail term for anyone who violates the curfew.
Schools and universities have also been suspended until August, and all international flights have been halted indefinitely.
Coronavirus: Kuwait records first fatality out of 479 total casesKuwait recorded its first coronavirus death out of 479 confirmed cases, the health ministry announced on Saturday. A total of 62 new infections were ... Gulf
‘I did not say anything wrong:’ Kuwaiti actress after COVID-19 expat ban comments“This is my opinion and I did not say anything wrong,” Kuwaiti actress Hayat al-Fahad said in response to uproar on social media after she called for ... Entertainment
Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar outlook changed to negative: Moody’sThe outlook for the banking systems of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar has been changed to negative from stable, said credit ratings agency ... Economy
Past health crisis helped shape rapid Saudi and Kuwaiti coronavirus responseThe world’s last major coronavirus outbreak, in 2012, began in Saudi Arabia, where a faltering response allowed the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome ... Features