Oman reported 33 new cases of the novel coronavirus in the last 24 hours, raising the total number of cases in the country to 331, the Ministry of Health announced on Monday.
For more coronavirus news, visit our dedicated page.
A total of 61 people have recovered from the virus in the Sultanate, the ministry added. So far, two coronavirus fatalities have been announced.
Citizens and residents are advised to refrain from leaving the house unless absolutely necessary, the ministry said, calling on the public to adhere to instructions put forth by the World Health Organization about maintaining personal hygiene to prevent the virus from spreading.
Oman in March imposed new measures to curb the outbreak in the country, including banning public gatherings and ordering government services to reduce their staff by 30 percent.
Coronavirus: Oman has enough food stocks, port operations running smoothlyOman’s food stocks are sufficient, and its port operations are running smoothly, a trade ministry official said on Thursday.The government has also ... Gulf
Moody’s places Oman, Kuwait under review for downgrade as oil prices tumbleCredit ratings agency Moody’s Investors Service placed Oman and Kuwait on review for a downgrade of their respective ratings on Tuesday.Moody’s ... Economy
Coronavirus: Oman suspends all domestic, international flightsOman announced on Tuesday it was suspending all internal and international flights as of March 29, except cargo operations and flights to Musandam, ... Gulf