Turkey’s military said it fired into Syria after shots were fired at an armored personnel carrier from across the border with Syria.
The military said Thursday that a group of around three to five people from across the border fired up to 15 shots toward the vehicle that was patrolling an area near the frontier. No one was hurt.
Turkey has repeatedly struck the Syrian military in response to shelling and mortar rounds that landed on its territory. But this is the first time the military has responded to shots fired from Syria.
- Islamists attack Turkey ‘kissing protest’
- Turkey fears being left out in the cold by EU free trade deals
- Q&A: On Turkey’s proposed alcohol restrictions
- Turkey builds wall at Syria border crossing after bombs
- U.S., Turkey, Qatar call for U.N. rights debate on Syria
- Turkey passes bill restricting alcohol sales, ads
- Turkey presents Prophet’s sayings for the 21st Century
- Turkey shuts Syria border crossing after deadly bombings