Turkey’s state-run news agency says 73 Syrian military officers - including seven generals and 20 colonels - have crossed the border with their families “seeking refuge” in Turkey.
The Anadolu Agency said Friday that the group totaled 202 people. It said they arrived in the town of Reyhanli and were taken to a Turkish refugee camp that houses military officers who have defected from the Syrian army.
The report did not say when they had arrived.
Turkish Foreign Ministry officials and the local administrator in Reyhanli could not immediately confirm the report.
- Nasrallah: Hezbollah’s intervention in Syria was ‘late’
- Egypt's Brotherhood declares support for Jihad in Syria
- Hamas denied it has fighters in Syria
- France says U.N. backing for Syria no-fly zone ‘unlikely’
- Syria calls U.S. claims on chemical weapons use ‘lies’
- Infographic: Israeli attacks on Syria
- Infographic: Hezbollah vows Syria victory