The daughter of Libya’s former intelligence chief Abdallah el-Senussi has been abducted after leaving prison in the Libyan capital, the Associated Press reported on Monday.
The head of the prison, Mourad Zekri, told the news agency that Anoud, daughter of the former top aide to late Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi, was kidnapped just after she left al-Rayoumi prison.
She had been held in the prison for nearly 10 months after entering Libya with a forged passport, and had come to visit her jailed father, where he has been held over his role in crimes committed during the 2011 civil war that toppled Qaddafi.
Powerful militias in country remain active as successive governments have failed to bring law and order to the country.
- Qaddafi’s Harem of Horror: book exposes late Libyan leader’s ‘sex abuses’
- Libyan ministry says 14,000 Qaddafi-era prisoners still on the run
- Libya: Qaddafi-era minister sentenced to execution
- Libya moves a step closer to new post-Qaddafi constitution
- Libya to turn Qaddafi’s compound into amusement park